Pages

OPI - Live.Love.Carnaval

Tuesday 27 May 2014


OPI - Live.Love.Carnaval

I have and will always have a soft spot in my heart for OPI.




I've coveted the swanky iconic bottles for as long as I can remember but it wasn't until I moved from my hometown to Montreal that I could get my hands on one - I practically reverted to being a little girl who had just been given the shiniest, sparkliest present. That's how much I loved my first bottle of OPI nail polish. Since then, I've become a bit of a nail polish junkie and have racked up quite a collection... now, nothing excites me more than a new OPI release!

When OPI announced their Brazil Collection for Spring/Summer 2014, I was practically drooling over the classic neutrals and the poppy brights. I ended up restraining myself as best I could and picked up only 3 from the collection - I Just Can't Cope-acabana, Don't Bossa Nova Me Around, and Live.Love.Carnaval. I'm wearing the latter today and can't wait to show all of you!

Live.Love.Carnaval is a creamy, bright coral that leans pink in the sunlight but tends more orange inside. It's bright, bold and hot hot hot for summer! I imagine this would look amaaaazing with a tan (not that I would know!). The formula is exquisite, spreads nicely and smoothly without making a big messy pool around my cuticles. It has fairly good coverage in only one stroke but for complete opacity, I opt for two. It's shown above using a base coat of OPI Nail Envy and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat.

In my collection, OPI Live.Love.Carnaval is very similar to OPI I Eat Mainely Lobster although I Eat Mainely Lobster is a tad more muted and contains tiny (almost invisible) microglitter.

Update: I've been wearing this polish more than any other polish this summer and every single time, people compliment it and ask about it. Definitely a gorgeous statement nail for summer!

No comments :

Post a Comment