Pages

What's In My Make Up Bag?

Wednesday 4 June 2014

Everyday Make Up Basics
Today, I decided to give everyone a glimpse into one of my most prized possessions - my everyday make up bag. While my eye liners, blushes, and lipsticks tend to get changed out fairly regularly, I do have a set of products that are always on hand. They're easy to grab when I want a fuss-free face or I need an overnight bag quickly. So today I present my everyday basics, the items I use frequently and always have on hand.




Benefit The Porefessional Primer ($37) is my go-to primer all year. I wear it on my t-zone every single day. I love the smell, the texture, the flawless finish. In the spring and summer when I crave a dewier glow, I add in my Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance ($40) on my cheekbones and temples. It's a sheer, slightly tinted illuminating primer that adds some glow to my face and wakens dull skin. It's a bit shiny/greasy looking so I avoid it on my t-zone.

Lately, I've been loving the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Terre Neuve ($49). It's sheer and glowy, letting my summer freckles show through but it has enough coverage to even out my complexion and give a nice finish. It also has SPF 30 to protect against those harmful rays. It has a bit of a strange lemon scent to it but it doesn't linger and I don't find it too overbearing.

I've been experimenting with drugstore concealers for the last little while and am quite enjoying the L'Oreal Paris Tru Match Concealer for blemishes and redness on the face. For my undereyes, which are definitely my most prominent features during the school year, I enjoy the Benefit Erase Paste ($32). The salmon tones conceal blue bags nicely, and the creamy formula is easy to blend.

In the sweltering summer months, my t-zone gets quite oily and I love the Clinique Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder in Stay Buff ($27). It's a great match for my skintone, doesn't get cakey, and is lovely and blotting away any shiny spots. As an overall finishing powder, I am absolutely obsessed with my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light ($52). This powder is so finely milled and luxurious. It seems to diffuse all imperfections away and adds a flattering light to your skin.

For an easy on-the-go make up, I grab my NARS Blush/Bronzer Duo in Orgasm/Laguna ($50). You just can't go wrong with these two classic shades. I have a mini Benefit Watts Up Highlighter ($36) from a Sephora Birthday Gift that I just adore and keep handy.

I groom my brows with a bit of Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Dark Brown ($30) and an angled brush, topped with Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara that doubles as a brow gel.

For eyes, I love my Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler and the YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Babydoll ($36) - although I try quite a few mascaras and change up my favourites fairly frequently. I have two Maybelline Color Tattoos in Bad to the Bronze and Barely Branded that I use as a base for the majority of my eye looks.

Lastly, I always prime my lips with my Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. On hand, in my everyday bag, I usually keep my two favourite neutral lipsticks in MAC Peach Blossom and Syrup ($19).

Now, my favourites change all the time but I would feel a bit lost without these.

No comments :

Post a Comment